Author Bio Widget For Multiple Authors (for Blogger/Blogspot)

It ‘s not so encouraging accepting guest posts on a blog hosted on blogger because except from the author’s name at the top of the post, there’s no plugin to automatically display author’s bio below the post like WordPress. You need to manually write the bio along with the post while composing and it’s not so cool. If you recently started accepting guest posts, you need to manually edit those posts you’ve written previously just to make your bio appear on old posts.

This widget allows you to display author’s bio below each and every blog post, even on blogs managed by many authors. Each and every one still get full credit for their work. This widget style is based on the very one WordPress plugin I use on this blog and you can see the demo at doncaprio.blogspot.com. Check the latest posts there I made under different authors.

To get your blog ready for guest posting, you need to first send an invitation to the guest blogger by email.

- Go to Settings > Other

- Under Permissions, you should enter the guest blogger’s email

Upon acceptance, the guest blogger can then log in to your blog to submit the proposed guest post. Though I’m now using WordPress, I took some time to test out this on my old blogspot site to be sure it actually works fine.

Adding About Me / Author’s Bio Below Each Blog Posts

1. Go to Design > Edit HTML or Template > Edit HTML depending on whether you’re using the old or new blogger layout

2. Back up your template before proceeding you can easily restore it in case something goes wrong

3. Check the box labelled Expand Widget Template

width: 100px;
}
.dc-about-author-text{
float: left;
margin: 0 0 0 140px;
}

6. We’re done with the styling, now let’s finish it up :)
We’ll be using conditional statements to display different about me widget for diferent authors, ok?

Search for this code in your template:

<div class='post-footer-line post-footer-line-1'/>

7. Just below that, paste the code in this text file:

Author’s_bio_widget_code

From BLOG ADMINISTRATOR WIDGET STARTS to BLOG ADMINISTRATOR WIDGET ENDS is for your own posts. This automatically displays your bio under your posts and you should edit all the characters in red as follows:

YOUR NAME – this is the name displayed under your posts as author’s name.

YOUR PHOTO URL – your photo URL should be here. You can upload the picture to your Picasa album and then use the URL.

ABOUT YOURSELF HERE – A brief description about yourself with links to your social network and all that.

Below is a demo of what it looks like:

author bio widget for different authors on blogger / blogspot

You should also fill the details for the guest author appropriately.

You should also repeat the widget for guest author each time you get a new author with new details. The number of guest author bio widget you have in your template depends on the number of guest authors you have.

Below is the example of the one I used at doncaprio.blogspot.com:

Author’s_bio_code_widget_demo

If you’re having any problem with this widget don’t hesitate to use the comment box and if it works for you, hit the google plus one button and say “thanks”!

. Filed Under: Blogger

Comments

1. mani says

i am getting this error… pls help…

Your template could not be parsed as it is not well-formed. Please make sure all XML elements are closed properly. XML error message: The content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup.

Error 500

2. Shanky Sahni says

Your template could not be parsed as it is not well-formed. Please make sure that all XML elements are closed properly. XML error message: The content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup.
    Error 500

please reply fast.I just got a guest blog request for my blogger blog.

3. mani says

thanks for your reply… but my blog doesnt show the widget. i have done exactly as you said. i need it at any cost, hlp me in any way. pls

4. Armawn says

Thanks Caprio, yours is the only posts which made sense to me with regards to multiple authors author box in blogger.

But here comes a problem. I can’t locate in my custom template, what I have is this:

without “/” (slash). I still tried putting the code you gave BELOW this line, nothing happens. :(

Please help! Many thanks!

5. mani says

thank you for your help..:) kindly check this thank you post on my blog http://tech2mind.blogspot.com/2012/02/multiple-author-bio-widget-for-blogger.html

6. Liban Ali says

Hey there,

Thanks for the tutorial! Just one problem, I did everything you asked however nothing appears under my posts on the site? I’m getting no errors either so what could have possibly gone wrong?

Did you use the right display name? “Liban Ali”? It won’t display if the right username in the code isn’t found on the post

7. Naseef says

My question is how to add the box for guest author??
    I mean if i got a guest author,then i posted his article..but where i add his bio??

You only need to repeat the code starting from <!–GUEST BLOGGER WIDGET STARTS–> to <!–GUEST BLOGGER WIDGET STARTS–> for every guest blogger you have.

8. Ardhendu says

Hello Don
    I want to add this widget in my blog www.odishajobs.in. Can you help me about this. If you want to help me just msg me on admin[at]odishajobs.in so that i can send you the xml file.

Regards
    Ardhendu

9. Robert Smith says

Hi Don,

Really great widget idea. Just having a few problems..

At first I got the XML Error Message. Then I tried pasting the Administrator Widget code under . This is well formed, but the ‘About The Author’ box just doesn’t show up on the posts.

Can’t see what I’m doing wrong at the moment.

The site is at http://samplerdgs.blogspot.co.uk/

Thanks!

Be sure to replace Don Caprio in the code with Robert Smith as seen on the code I’m using on my demo site. – http://www.doncaprio.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Authors_bio_code_widget_demo.txt – That’s the only time it’ll show up. If the username doesn’t match, the widget won’t appear.

10. Shehu Awwal says

PLS THIS THING DID NOT WORK ON MY BLOG OOOO, I NEED IT BADLY THANKS, SHEY MAKE I SEND THE FULL TEMPLATE TO YOUR MAKE YOU HELP ME DO AM, THANKS

11. Joshua Lagan says

How do you adjust the size of the grey box around the picture as in the post shown. http://gomsba.blogspot.com/2012/06/day-5.html

I think the best way is to reduce the padding around the image. You can change this code:

margin: 0 -122px 0 0;
      padding: 10px;

to something that looks like this:

margin: 0 -122px 0 0;
      padding: 0px;

I only changed the padding to zero. You can adjust it to 2, 4 or any number that suits you.

• ranganathan says

hi i need to be guest author for ur blog…
        contact me at ranga91091@gmail.com
        myblog http://besthacking99.blogspot.in/

Hi Ranganathan,

Please check our guest posting page for details – http://www.doncaprio.com/write-for-us

12. KRUNAL INTWALA says

HIII
    HEY I JUST LOVED THIS POST. BUT CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS.

I HAVE TWO CODES OF “” IN MY TEMPLETE. I TRIED TO PASTE THIS CODE BEFORE 1ST “”, BUT THAT RESULTED IN SHOWING AUTHOR INFO BEFORE THE POSTS AND WHILE TRYING WITH 2ND ONE DOES NOT DISPLAY AUTHOR’S INFO. PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME WITH THIS. CURIOUSLY WAITING FOR THE REPLY.

THANKX.

You’re welcom, Jim. I checked your blog and like the template. I looked so much like a professional Worpress blog :)

13. Esther says

Thanks for this! I’ll most likely use it.

I was wondering–in the blog that a friend and I post onto together, would we be able to just double the blog administrator widget? Because we’re both administrators.

Thanks for your help.
    Esther

14. Eugene says

Thanks man I’ve wanted to put an author bio box at the bottom of posts for a while, and I am considering taking guest posts soon so this was a big help. I shared this on G+

15. Arshdeep Singh says

Hi, I did everything correct no errors on applying code but still nothing appears also names are also correct what can be the reason?

16. ashfaq says

bro its not working i have try many times bro plz help me i can see this type code in my templet your have this type i try even repeated 3 code placed but not working i mail my templt if solve you bro.

Current day month ye@r *