Easiest Way to Root Samsung Android Phones Without a PC

Just today, I decided to restore my Samsung Galaxy SII to factory settings and start all over. Lots of things went wrong with the phone and I thought wiping the thing should be the perfect solution. I did and lost root access. I initially rooted the phone by flashing a rooted stock firmware with ODIN. I decided to try another method out and by far, it’s the simplest way to root most Samsung Android phones with unlocked bootloader. According to the developer, this method works on not just Samsung Galaxy S2 but lots o other phones as well. As a matter of fact, even if it’s not gonna work for you, there’s no harm in trying it out.

Must Read: 10 Must-have Apps for your New Android Device

I rooted my Samsung Galaxy SII with it and personally tried it on another Samsung Galaxy SIII (both Jellybean). There’s no hassles and even if you’ve never rooted an Android device before, you should be able to do this. Like I said, it may only work if your bootloader is not locked.

It’s said to be also tested on these devices:

• Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch – SPH-D710
  • Verizon Galaxy Note 2 SCH-I605
  • T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 T-889
  • Samsung Galaxy Camera EK-GC100
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus GT-P6210
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000, GT-N8010, GT-N8013, GT-N8020
  • iBerry Auxus CoreX2 3G and CoreX4 3G

Must Read: Android Tweaker (Best App for Modifications on Android OS)

If your device isn’t listed, you can still give it a shot anyway but I won’t be held responsible if your device gets bricked. Its mostly compatible with Exynos Samsung devices. It’s also tested working on this Omap devices:

• Archos 101 Gen8
  • Coolpad Quattro 4G

Steps to root your device with this once click installer

1. Download Rooting-kit-for-samsungFramaroot

2. Unzip the content and copy to your device

3. Install the .apk file

easy way to root android without a pc

4. After installation, open the app and then select the exploit method you want to use. Sam worked great on my Samsung Galaxy SII

root without a pc

5. If successful, you will likely see this message:

Success  … Superuser and su binary installed. You have to reboot your device

framaroot

I do not guarantee this will work on every device apart from the ones listed above but all the same, you can give it a shot. If it doesn’t work, you may check out these alternatives:

Easy Way to Root Most Android Smartphones

How To Root / Unroot All Android OS Smartphones [Tha Easiest Guide Ever Seen]

Filed Under: Android

Comments

1. pavan deshpande says:

Thank you i been straggling to improve the performance of my device, very useful trick

2. Does it work on GS2 with gingerbead?

3. Googma Sansar says:

Thank You Don ! You have nicely explored the ideas. I love your ideas.

4. TheBestSEO says:

I Love Samsung Android ! Thank you for your excellent review post.

5. Hi, I’d like to try this app on my Huawei. Can you tell me if there will be any problems if I don’t get the message about successful rooting?

6. Thanks alot for sharing this… really informative

7. Awesome post don thanks for sharing

8. samex4rill says:

Looks like don got no passion for nokia phones again o

9. samex4rill says:

looks like don got no passion for nokia phones

10. babanature says:

This is indeed a nice way and a very easy way to jailbreak a samsung s2. Thanks

11. Googma Sansar says:

Hi Don ! Right now i’m here in a ”Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos” launching Ceremony in Nepal (Hotel Yak and Yeti). I’m really proud to know your review post. It is the excellent andorid. I’m engying in thid massive ceremony and doing Rock on. Thank You !

12. this is quite an interesting post thanks for sharing dude

13. samex4rill says:

don i dont get you. You mean nokia kill symbian os? How?

14. this is the most simplest method of rooting android. I need to link to this Boss, thanks for sharing

15. Akuneme Christopher says:

Seems this is the easiest, saved the page till further notice.

16. Vincent Armstead says:

Great done!!!This is a good informative post by which you can jail break your android device. I am also planning to follow this and hope every thing goes well for my device..

17. Obasi Miracle says:

This is really a nice tip love the way ya are playing with your device don

18. Amanda Barnes says:

You guys,really doing a great job. Thanks for the article above.

19. Bipul Khan says:

yeah, its really easy to root without PC, thanks for share :)

20. Sorry am a noob to android/samsung phones. When you say Download the Rooting Kit, unzip and copy into the phone, does it mean I need to do this via a PC? OR can these steps be done fully on the phone?

Everything can be done on your mobile phone so far you have the app to unzip the file. Androzip can do it. Alternatively, you can unzip it on a pc and transfer the .apk file to your phone.

21. Rooting via this method would void warranty i take it?

22. Ng Sim Dylan says:

Will My Phone’s data and Apps be gone by using this method?

23. Anyone tried this successfully on a samsung note 2 lte on android 4.1.2?

24. Has anybody successfully done this with an SGH-I747 running 4.1.1?

• Only way to root the SGH-I747 is through the ODIN method, the APK method will not work as that exploit doesn’t exist with Android 4.1.1+

25. Luis Peña says:

This is beatiful. Works 100%

26. Help don.. I need one for note 2 lte 4.1.2.. and no pc required.. pleeeeeeeaaaaaase.. Anybody knows how? Email me please..

27. hmmm….after copying it to my I9100G. Its said that my device seems not vulnerable to exploit…. :(

28. Don.. I tried it but didnt work on my note 2 lte 4.1.2.. :(

29. I downloaded and installed the framaroot, but when I opened it, it says “your device seems not vulnerable to exploit included in framaroot” pls help me out

30. Can i root my S4 with this steps? Anyone tried it? Don abeg, i need the S4 rooting process…

31. Franklyn Thaddeus says:

I know that this is off topic but please can i update my rooted galaxy s2 running gingerbread to jellybean by downloading official firmware to root SD card and booting to bootloader?

32. pls what can i do after i fellowed the steps my phone just hanged what should i do to rectify

33. Mercades Cage says:

Guys, this worked FLAWLESSLY on my sprint s2 4g epic ics 4.0.4 SPH-D710 I have been searching for a root without pc because I am having usb issues. I tried and tried to fix the issue through samsung but was SOL until I found this blog. Your epic Don, I’m going to follow your blog religiously now ;) I also have a tip, I bought this s2 on ebay, rooted it with your help and set it up on Ting wireless and now I have a phone bill of $9 a month. If you get talk-a-tone and use it as your primary text/talk and use wifi at home and 3g every where else you kill the monthly contract of the big cell co. heres a link to get us both $25 off. https://z67g4e1b273.ting.com/ Thanks again Don this is killer!

34. Mercades Cage says:

Hey anyone have a update.zip for a epic 4g 4.0.4 SPH-D710 I think I had a little too much fun with this ;) I really went to town deleting bloat and now my phone freezes after booting (I get to the lock screen and when I try to unlock she freezes and reboots, softbrick anyone lol) I’m not too worried about it I did something similar playing around with my first root on the optimus V and accidently froze the launcher with titanium backup, I ended up dling a update.zip or stock recovery for it straight to sd on another device and then putting that sd in affected phone. Any help guys?

35. Unable to root my galaxy chat gt b5330.. through this app…

36. I did all the right things on my Samsung Galaxy 2 but it didn’t work … at all…

37. MasonFrost says:

Hi Don, I tried to root my Galaxy Note 10.1 but neither Sam nor Frodo worked…….. is it my phone’s problem or the app’s problem?

38. Wartrol Guy says:

Hi, I tried installing it on my Tecno P3 and it shows me that the OS (2.3) has no vulnerabilities but the phone’s sim 1 slot is locked to a particular network, how do I go about this?

39. Didnt succeed. Though my phone is in the list.

40. Bro…can I use this apk in my samsung galaxy s3 lte??? I m so afraid of lagging to my phone. May be worked in my phone?

41. Thanks always. I have tried this method in the past and it worked. But I tried it on a galaxy s3 and it didn’t work. It shows error #9.

42. Charlie Reffa says:

It says “not vulnerable for exploit” is the a way to fix this?

43. I have unzipped and installed the apk. But when I go to open Framaroot, it comes up with a notification that says “Check Vulnerabilities. Your device seems not vulnerable to exploit included in Framaroot”. The only option for me to press is “Ok”. When I press “Ok”, it just exits the application. May someone please help me out here? Greatest thanks.

Hi Richard, It’s like the application can’t work for your device. Unfortunately, it’s rather selective.

44. Can it work on samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0

45. Nicolas Machado says:

Hello Don, I would like to inform that both Sam and Frodo methods dont work on Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000, please remove the device from the list. Have a good day.

This is an old version of Framaroot and it worked on Android Jellybean then. Perhaps you can try the one on this page: http://geek.ng/question/how-do-i-root-my-new-nokia-x-without-a-pc-2