Easiest Way to Root Samsung Android Phones Without a PC

Just today, I decided to restore my Samsung Galaxy SII to factory settings and start all over. Lots of things went wrong with the phone and I thought wiping the thing should be the perfect solution. I did and lost root access. I initially rooted the phone by flashing a rooted stock firmware with ODIN. I decided to try another method out and by far, it’s the simplest way to root most Samsung Android phones with unlocked bootloader. According to the developer, this method works on not just Samsung Galaxy S2 but lots o other phones as well. As a matter of fact, even if it’s not gonna work for you, there’s no harm in trying it out.

Must Read: 10 Must-have Apps for your New Android Device

I rooted my Samsung Galaxy SII with it and personally tried it on another Samsung Galaxy SIII (both Jellybean). There’s no hassles and even if you’ve never rooted an Android device before, you should be able to do this. Like I said, it may only work if your bootloader is not locked.

It’s said to be also tested on these devices:

• Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch – SPH-D710
  • Verizon Galaxy Note 2 SCH-I605
  • T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 T-889
  • Samsung Galaxy Camera EK-GC100
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus GT-P6210
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000, GT-N8010, GT-N8013, GT-N8020
  • iBerry Auxus CoreX2 3G and CoreX4 3G

Must Read: Android Tweaker (Best App for Modifications on Android OS)

If your device isn’t listed, you can still give it a shot anyway but I won’t be held responsible if your device gets bricked. Its mostly compatible with Exynos Samsung devices. It’s also tested working on this Omap devices:

• Archos 101 Gen8
  • Coolpad Quattro 4G

Steps to root your device with this once click installer

1. Download Rooting-kit-for-samsungFramaroot

2. Unzip the content and copy to your device

3. Install the .apk file

easy way to root android without a pc

4. After installation, open the app and then select the exploit method you want to use. Sam worked great on my Samsung Galaxy SII

root without a pc

5. If successful, you will likely see this message:

Success  … Superuser and su binary installed. You have to reboot your device

framaroot

I do not guarantee this will work on every device apart from the ones listed above but all the same, you can give it a shot. If it doesn’t work, you may check out these alternatives:

Easy Way to Root Most Android Smartphones

How To Root / Unroot All Android OS Smartphones [Tha Easiest Guide Ever Seen]

. Filed Under: Android

Comments

1. Eugene says

Hi, I’d like to try this app on my Huawei. Can you tell me if there will be any problems if I don’t get the message about successful rooting?

2. Googma Sansar says

Hi Don !
    Right now i’m here in a ”Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos” launching Ceremony in Nepal (Hotel Yak and Yeti).
    I’m really proud to know your review post. It is the excellent andorid.
    I’m engying in thid massive ceremony and doing Rock on.
    Thank You !

3. Vincent Armstead says

Great done!!!This is a good informative post by which you can jail break your android device.
    I am also planning to follow this and hope every thing goes well for my device..

4. DVT says

Sorry am a noob to android/samsung phones. When you say Download the Rooting Kit, unzip and copy into the phone, does it mean I need to do this via a PC? OR can these steps be done fully on the phone?

Everything can be done on your mobile phone so far you have the app to unzip the file. Androzip can do it.

Alternatively, you can unzip it on a pc and transfer the .apk file to your phone.

• Vegeta says

Only way to root the SGH-I747 is through the ODIN method, the APK method will not work as that exploit doesn’t exist with Android 4.1.1+

5. jhon says

Help don.. I need one for note 2 lte 4.1.2.. and no pc required.. pleeeeeeeaaaaaase..

Anybody knows how? Email me please..

6. Kelvin says

hmmm….after copying it to my I9100G. Its said that my device seems not vulnerable to exploit…. :(

7. Nicole says

I downloaded and installed the framaroot, but when I opened it, it says “your device seems not vulnerable to exploit included in framaroot” pls help me out

8. Franklyn Thaddeus says

I know that this is off topic but please can i update my rooted galaxy s2 running gingerbread to jellybean by downloading official firmware to root SD card and booting to bootloader?

9. Mercades Cage says

Guys, this worked FLAWLESSLY on my sprint s2 4g epic ics 4.0.4 SPH-D710 I have been searching for a root without pc because I am having usb issues. I tried and tried to fix the issue through samsung but was SOL until I found this blog. Your epic Don, I’m going to follow your blog religiously now ;) I also have a tip, I bought this s2 on ebay, rooted it with your help and set it up on Ting wireless and now I have a phone bill of $9 a month. If you get talk-a-tone and use it as your primary text/talk and use wifi at home and 3g every where else you kill the monthly contract of the big cell co. heres a link to get us both $25 off. https://z67g4e1b273.ting.com/ Thanks again Don this is killer!

10. Mercades Cage says

Hey anyone have a update.zip for a epic 4g 4.0.4 SPH-D710 I think I had a little too much fun with this ;) I really went to town deleting bloat and now my phone freezes after booting (I get to the lock screen and when I try to unlock she freezes and reboots, softbrick anyone lol) I’m not too worried about it I did something similar playing around with my first root on the optimus V and accidently froze the launcher with titanium backup, I ended up dling a update.zip or stock recovery for it straight to sd on another device and then putting that sd in affected phone. Any help guys?

11. MasonFrost says

Hi Don, I tried to root my Galaxy Note 10.1 but neither Sam nor Frodo worked…….. is it my phone’s problem or the app’s problem?

12. Wartrol Guy says

Hi,
    I tried installing it on my Tecno P3 and it shows me that the OS (2.3) has no vulnerabilities but the phone’s sim 1 slot is locked to a particular network, how do I go about this?

13. Kaung Su says

Bro…can I use this apk in my samsung galaxy s3 lte??? I m so afraid of lagging to my phone. May be worked in my phone?

14. Greatspoken says

Thanks always. I have tried this method in the past and it worked. But I tried it on a galaxy s3 and it didn’t work. It shows error #9.

15. Richard says

I have unzipped and installed the apk. But when I go to open Framaroot, it comes up with a notification that says “Check Vulnerabilities. Your device seems not vulnerable to exploit included in Framaroot”. The only option for me to press is “Ok”. When I press “Ok”, it just exits the application. May someone please help me out here? Greatest thanks.