iOS 11 Jailbreak has been out for the past couple of weeks, but it looks very much like the most complicated jailbreak ever. Although it’s the same semi-tethered jailbreak we’ve had to put up with over the last few years, the absence of Cydia makes it even more complicated. I tried the jailbreak on my iPad Pro and it works fine. I couldn’t jailbreak my iPhone X because I’ve already upgraded to iOS 11.2.5 when the battery life started going downhill.
To perform this jailbreak, your device has to be running iOS 11 down to iOS 11.1.2. Anything beyond this isn’t supported. You also should be able to jailbreak all 64-bit devices including:
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6 / 6 Plus / 6s / 6s Plus
- iPhone 7 / 7 Plus
- iPhone 8 / 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPad Pro 9.7 / 10.5 / 12.9
- iPad Air / Air 2
- iPad Mini 2 / 3 / 4
- iPod 6G
Installing Electra Jailbreak without a PC
Although it is advised that you download Electra from the official website, sign with Cydia Impactor using your Apple ID and install on your device, we are going to be using 3rd party websites hosting the package since we’re doing this without a PC.
1. Visit either of these websites to install Electra:
- https://ayouch.me/jailbreak — Just click on the Install button under Electra and confirm the installation.
- https://next.tweakboxapp.com/ — Go to the Apps tab > Select Tweakbox Apps > Electra Jailbreak
2. Confirm the installation after tapping the Install button.
3. Check the Springboard and you should see Electra already installed. If it fails to install, there’s a chance Apple has already revoked the certificate. You might want to try other links listed above. After successfully installing Electra, don’t launch it yet.
4. Go to Settings > General > Device Management. Select the developer name from the list and trust the enterprise developer. Electra won’t run unless you do this.
5. Launch Electra, make sure the “Tweaks” toggle is left turned on, then tap the “Jailbreak” button.
After a while, the iPhone / iPad should respring. Note that this jailbreak doesn’t install Cydia. You should have Anemone installed for theming.
You can launch Electra again to confirm if the jailbreak was indeed successful.
Installing tweaks without Cydia
Instaling tweaks without Cydia isn’t straightforward, but Brandon Butch has a great video that explains it in detail. Before proceeding, you should be aware that lots are tweaks are not compatible with iOS 11 right now.
Tweaks compatibility & download
Be sure to check if your desired tweak is compatible with iOS 11 here. You can use this tool to search Cydia and download .deb files. You can also search for tweaks and download here: http://tweakupdates.com (click version number to download the .deb package).
Few compatible ones include:
- Cylinder: http://bit.ly/2FRxQBy
- Cuttlefish: http://bit.ly/2DnIcvh
- DarkMessages: http://bit.ly/2ERVo7O
- FiveIconDock: http://bit.ly/2FThB78
Required apps to install tweaks
- Filza Escaped: https://next.tweakboxapp.com/ Then Navigate to Apps > Tweakbox Apps
- ZipApp: https://apple.co/2FQeTzc
There’s no Safe Mode to rescue the phone if something goes wrong, you should be careful with tweaks you install. If this looks rather too complicated, perhaps you should wait until Jay Freeman updates Cydia. Hopefully, that happens within the next couple of weeks.