(Update – if you think this post is too complicated, try the new, easier one)
Firstly, all credit goes to Sdomermpc for this useful tutorial & Whalesplaho for editing the tutorial, making it easier to understand and adding the download links to all needed tools. As of June 2011, the only known method of hacking a symbian phone is by using a cooked firmware. There are several methods on the internet about hacking symbian phones without key and certificate but most of these methods only work for S60V3 and some S60V5 symbian phones. The method in this tutorial can hack any phone using symbian operating system ranging from S60V3, S60V5, Symbian ^3 and Symbian Anna. This hacking is permanent as you have to customize your own hacked firmware and your phone will still remain hacked even if your restore factory settings a thousand times over.
There was a previous post I made on using free signer to sign your symbian applications but this is now practically useless as OPDA and other symbian certificate and key issuing sites are no longer working. Also if you are using a S60V3 phone with operating system 9.1, I suggest you check this post on using Quick Hack Kit instead of going through this.
To hack your symbian phone without certificate and key, you need to have the following tools:
1. Nokia OVI Suite or Nokia PC Suite
3. NavifirmPlus – this is used to download original nokia firmwares.
3. Nokia Cooker – for creating hacked UDA.
5. NFE Core 2 – – for packing & repacking rofs/core.
6. Rompatcher plus – for applying useful patches.
Instead of downloading the files separately, you can download Required Tools.rar (97MB) which has NavifirmPlus, NokiaCooker, NFE Core 2 and Phoenix Service Suite Included.
Now follow the steps carefully
1. In standby mode press *#0000# and note your phone type, eg. RM-419
2. Remove the battery and check the back of the phone to know the product code labelled with the term CODE
3. With a steady internet connection, open NavifirmPlus
4. Search for the product [RM-xxx] that matches your phone model.
5.Now select the firmware version and download the firmware in accordance with the product code of your mobile to your computer.
Note: The files you just downloaded are the original firmware files of your phone and you should back them up so you can flash your phone with these files in case something goes wrong though I’m sure it shouldn’t.
6. Launch NFE Core 2 then Click on Open
7. Select the file with this extension rmXXX_XXX.XXX_prd.core.fpsx then click Open
8. Check Keep the oldCRC32 & click Unpack
9. Click Yes on the dialogue box that pops up.
10. When it shows Unpack Complete, click on ROFS Callibration
11. The ROFS Calibration should be done as seen in the screenshots below:
12. Repack as shown below
13. After the ROFS file is created, exit the program.
That looks like the first phase of the whole process, now let’s proceed.
14. Open Nokia Cooker v1.1. (Backdate your PC, I backdated mine to the current date & month and set the year to 2000. You should do this else it will show a message that says the program is outdated)
15. Click on Open Firmware, then go to the location of the downloaded firmware files and open a file with an extension that looks like “prd.rofs2.fpsx”. Now you should be able to see some folders inside Nokia Cooker Window.
15. Replace the folders as seen in the screenshoot below. [Open the Tools Folder- Open For Cookers Folder then drag the four folders & replace with the ones in NokiaCooker]!!! When i tried replacing, no action was made so i opened each folder & did the same to the ones in For Cookers Folder. I then started doing it one by one [e.g. On Nokia Cooker, Click on SYS Folder, Click on BIN Folder then it displays what is inside BIN Folder on the right side of the window, now open For Cookers Folder, Open SYS Folder, Open Bin Folder, Drag all tha files inside to NokiaCooker (the Bin Folder Open). Do the same for all other Folders & Files too…. After Dragging & Dropping, Drag and Drop Installserver.exe compatible with your phone to SYSBIN Folder [Open the Installserver Folder & Select the one compatible with your phone then drag it to Sys/Bin Folder]. I used OS 9.3/9.4 because my phone is an FP2 device!
NOTE:- FP1 devices uses OS 9.2 why Pre-FP1 devices uses OS 9.1. All S60v5 or ^1 devices uses OS 9.4 & the Latest OS which is ^3 & Anna uses ^3!!! To get your OS type, goto http://www.gsmarena.com, type your phone model in the search box located at the top right corner and click on Go. When it shows the device INFO, scroll down to OS Label & check.
16. You just created a hacked UDA which will be used to flash your symbian smartphone.
17. Copy all the firmware files except the one just created taggged BACKUP to C:Program FilesNokiaPhoenixProductsRM-XXX. You should create the RM-XXX folder according to your phone type.
18. Connect your phone using your USB cable in PC Suite Mode
19. Open Phoenix Suite
20. The Phoenix Suite will recognize your phone’s RM code with the corresponding USB Port.
21. Now go to File and Select “Scan Product”.
Your phone’s RM code, firmware version and other information will now be displayed at the bottom of the phoenix window.
22. Make sure that the Operating Mode is set to Normal.
23. Now on the menu bar, go to “Flashing” and Select “Firmware Update“
24. A new pop up window will open inside the phoenix suite which will show you the Product Code, Software version and variant version.
25. Now select refurbish to start the flashing process.
26. The last stage.
27. Disconnect your USB Cable,
- Go to Installation
- Launch Rompatcher [this hack method has rompatcher embedded along with the hacked UDA so there's no need to install rompatcher]
- Apply the open4all patch & press Options, then select Add to Auto for accessing system folders.
- Apply the open4all patch & Press Options then Select Add to Auto for installing any unsigned/signed apps in your hacked symbian operating system.
28. Install X-plore
-Press Menu > Tools > Configuration
-Tick all the boxes but the image & font boxes are optional
-Goto C: & Open
You should see patches folder there, just scroll to the folder and press Menu – Scroll down to Edit then click on Move & move is to E:
This symbian operating system hack method works on Symbian S60V3, S60V5, ^3 & Anna. Enjoy your hacked smartphone and leave a comment below. All credit goes to Sdomermpc for the tutorial and Whalesplaho who brought it to www.9jaclub.com and giving the download links plus editing the text and making the whole process more explicit. If you have any problem trying to make this work, there’s an active thread on our web forum where this topic is being discussed.