Easy Way to Root Most Android Smartphones

There has been many rooting methods but as Android gets older and more devices get Jelly Bean (JB), it was only a matter of time before additional methods were created. Now, there’s a universal method that can do both Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) and Jelly Bean (JB).

Root-259x300

The method is a script written by XDA Recognized Developer Bin4ry. It takes advantage of an issue found that’s native to Android. As Bin4ry explains:

I made a small script which is able to root ICS/JB phones. It uses a remount timing issue in Androids “adb restore” service.
So normally it should work on nearly all ICS/JB devices, for some it won’t but the idea may work in a slightly modded version

Steps to get your Android mobile root:
1.) Download Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v18.7z.
2.) Extract it using 7zip/Winnrar
3.) Connect your phone through USB but you should enable USB debugging by going to Setings > Developer

enable USB debugging
3.) Double click the RunMe.bat and follow instructions!

root android

> Xperia phones = Normal mode
> Sony Tablet and similar = Special mode

Notice:

There is a case for Xperia T and Xperia S,P etc. phones, this phones run ICS but don’t have android’s native restore with adb, Sony has added a own custom “Backup&Restore” app, the script handles this cases too, just choose the correct option! Normal Mode will not wipe any other data, dont worry!

Special Mode CAN wipe your data, Rollback SHOULD restore, but to be sure backup you data somehow!

Xperia T Firmware .195 is not rootable! This is same for other Sony devices with new Firmware like .2.55. Sony fixed the bug in current firmwares and so we have no chance with this particular method!

Confirmed devices:
Sony Xperia : S, T, P , Acro S, Ion , Tipo , Tablet S, Go, Sola, U
Google: Nexus 7 [UK Firmware] (thanks Paul O’Brien for test) [seems some firmwares to work and some don't, as i dont have this device myself i would appreciate reports with FW-versions]
XTouch: X401
Jiayu G2-S thanks txakar
LG: P705 thanks mariolcneto, P7510 thanks fdothivanka
HTC: One S thanks sebagsm, Sensation XL [ICS 4.03] thanks Koate via PM, Sprint’s OTA ICS update on Evo3D seems incompatible, Desire S thanks to Krayt via PM
Kyocera: Rise & Hydro thanks jmztaylor
Samsung: Galaxy S2 thanks danroob
Some more
Ainol: Novo 7 Tornado 7 thanks anoperson
Prestigio: MultiPad PMP5197D 9.7 ULTRA thanks logofreax
HDC: I9300 S3 clone thanks PMmshprojects

If your model isn’t listed above, you can my other article on rooting Android devices which is also dead easy as well.

Additional info for SONY 2012 Owners:

If your STOCK ROM does not have Sony’s Backup & Restore app preinstall, then download it from here, extract & install .apk file. If there’s any problem encountered, you can drop a comment and I’ll be willing to help.

. Filed Under: Android

Author: whalesplaho

Comments

1. michael says

Don thanks but does the rooting do to the phone? i’m using HTC desire. just feel like knowing b4 doing it to my phone thanks

Hi Michael,

Rooting your Android device gives you full control over your operating system and file system since it you root access. You can install custom ROMs, themes and more. You can check this post for all the benefits: http://www.doncaprio.com/2012/03/rooting-your-android-phone-what-it-means-and-why-it-should-be-done.html

2. Kanyinulia says

Seriously this sounds foreign…I guess u cant know everything. It’s good seeing that ur versatile. Keep it up.

3. Pawan says

dear don how are u bro? please tell me that can I root my xperia mini running ics? if yes then can I upgrade it with jb?

• whalesplaho says

HYFR brov, it can be root but upgrading to JB will be a Mystery. check here for rooting steps:- http://www.doncaprio.com/2012/03/how-to-rootunroot-any-mobile-device-running-android-os-tha-easiest-guide-ever-seen.html

4. rootandroid says

I hope it will work on my Xperia U because I really want to root it. I’m so sick of the bloatwares that eats my internal storage.

5. Smartkathy says

Hi there. This is a great and step by step tutorial for how to root of a Android Smartphone. Thank you so much for sharing it. Now JB (Jelly Bean) is my latest favorite App of Android.

6. ras says

here i am introduced a new technique to root an android device

7. Vincent Armstead says

This article is helpful to me as i was always wondering how to update my android device as there are many ways of rooting the device if we search on the web. I was always afraid if rooting may cause some damage to my device but thanks for the information.

8. Pradeep says

I’m having Sony Xperia T -lt30p-7.0.A.3.195 running ICS. I want to root my mobile. can I use this method….? do I need to unlock the boot loader or not…. can one reply to this post…. thanks

9. michael g says

hi, can ur software root my chinese discovery v5 (model: z3z6z7 hardware: mtk6517 Android: 4.0.4 Kernel:2.6.35.7) if not please advise on the way to go.

thanx in advance.
    Michael

10. Zoya Bennet says

Good post!!!I was looking for a guide to root my phone and I got the right option. Thanks for shring the post. Much useful.

Current day month ye@r *